Date: 20th May nnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnn\nPartner: Theo, Erica, Raymond
Packing Pellets in Water
To see what happens to packing pellets when they are in water.
Small beaker, room temperature water, packing pellets
- Fill the small beaker with water.
- Place the packing pellet in the water.
- Record your observations of the pellet as time goes by.
- Record the times down.
- The packing pellet will expand.
- The pellet will absorb a small amount of water.
Results: 10:40am – 10:45am
- The pellet was floating.
- The pellet wasn’t moving, slowly sinking, falling apart
- Expanding, flat, sinking, absorbing water
- looks soggy, looks fluffy
- Expanding even more, floating less
- same amount?
The packing pellet was absorbing small amounts of water and slowly started to dissolve into a liquid. My hypothesis was right because the pellet did expand and absorbed small amounts of water.