Canberra Camp Recount

It was the 24th of November and the 5/6s of MPPS had a camp in Canberra, the nation’s capital! It took 10 hours to get there, and trust me, we were all tired once we got there. We spread into our room and got served dinner, chicken schnitzel. We then went down to the auditorium and had a show called ‘Red faces’ even though we didn’t have red faces and after that, we went to bed.

The next day, we went to the National Museum of Australia where we learnt a bit about Australian history and the Dreamtime. I learnt that string was made from REAL HUMAN HAIR! We then also had to look and write about things in the museum. I wrote about the old equipment used to sheer sheep.

Then we went to the National Film and Sound archive; where we learnt about films, sounds and what people used to entertain themselves back in the day.

Even if the day wasn’t busy enough, we still had to go to Questacon, a place where science is turned into fun! But we still had to have the evening activity so the day wasn’t over yet!

Our evening activity was swimming at the AIS (Australian Institute of Sport) and that was where Australian athletes trained! Now that was fun!

Day 3= Halfway through camp. Jeez, There already? Camp went so fast. Anyways, we went to old parliament house where inside there was the AEC (Australian electoral commission) where we learnt about elections, and voting. Also Old Parliament House was the Museum of Australian Democracy where we learnt about the Prime ministers and Seatings in the Senate and House of Representatives.

We then went to the Australian War Memorial where we learnt about war, and the poppy, why they were the flower. We also stayed for the last post ceremony.

Then we went to Telstra Tower, and to the tip top, there were about 3,268 steps. Wow. Luckily we didn’t have to climb them.

The next day was when we went to Parliament house and learnt about Parliament. We also got to see sittings in both chambers.

Then we went to CSIRO, the place where science is still fun and they had invented the wi-fi!

We also went back to the AIS and had a tour around of where athletes would train.

We had a Movie Night that night and we Watched Mr. Peabody and Sherman and that was tiring.

But the last day is here and we had to get up early, so we could go back home to Melbourne. It was just as tiring but also fun because I slept most of the time, but I did have time to watch Finding Nemo. Once we got back, I was talking and talking about what we did and how much fun we had!